Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abraham M Ishaaya
Dr. Abraham M Ishaaya, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Ishaaya is affiliated with Olympia Medical Center. Dr. Ishaaya has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Abraham M Ishaaya has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Abraham M Ishaaya has the following 11 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Angiographic Visualization
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Abraham M Ishaaya has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Abraham M Ishaaya is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I had a persistent and productive cough. The correct treatment would have been to send me to Quest to spit in a cup. The analysis of the phlegm would have shown I had a lung infection which could be cured with antibiotics. Instead, I had an appointment with Abraham Ishaaya who - Sent me for a CT scan, after which he told me I had severe hazing, and either aspergillosis or micobacterium avium. Both of these diseases are serious and with no sure cure. He told me I would need a biopsy so he could find out which disease it was. He performed a bronchoscopy which involved a hospital visit and GENERAL ANAESTHETIC. Needless to say, his fee for this procedure was high. After getting the first results, Ishaaya said I had an inflammation and would need steroids for three months. When he had the next results, he told me I had penicillium (a rare disease usually found in rats in Vietnam) and prescribed strong anti-fungal medicine. When my condition didn't improve, he said I would need another and more invasive biopsy. At this point, I went for a second opinion. The second doctor read the same results that Ishaaya had read and said I did not, and had never had, penicillium. What I did have was a lung infection. I was told to stop taking the anti-fungal medication immediately and was prescribed antibiotics. My condition improved daily and I was cured in two weeks. When I contacted Ishaaya to ask him why he hadn't told me I had this infection, he said he didn't think it was important. Perhaps he also doesn't think it's important to listen to his patients' breathing, as he never did with me. In fact, I never once saw him with a stethoscope and I am extremely perplexed by the number of positive reviews on this page. I requested a copy of my records (which confirmed all of the above) and submitted a report to the Medical Board. They did not uphold my complaint but at least there's now a paper trail. I can't be the only one he's done this
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Ishaaya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Abraham M Ishaaya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDr Avi Lshaaya Centers, 5901 W Olympic Blvd Ste 200, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Abraham M Ishaaya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.