Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abraham B Jacob
Dr. Abraham B Jacob, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX, with other offices in Bonham, TX and Dallas, TX (and 2 other locations). He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Jacob is affiliated with Titus Regional Medical Center, Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland and Methodist Richardson Medical Center. Dr. Jacob has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Abraham B Jacob has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Dental Implants
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
We had many questions and concerns about my spouse's health and procedures when we arrived in the office. We both found Dr. Jacob to be pleasant but clear, concise and professional. With what we are facing, he left us knowing much about our situation and feeling we were in the right place for a good outcome. He has many years of practice ahead of him...I hope he maintains his ability to listen to the patient and respond so sincerely.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2016, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Jacob is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1994
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Abraham B Jacob accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abraham B Jacob in this video.
Dr. Abraham B Jacob is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.