Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Abul K Azad has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Abul K Azad has the following 9 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 1 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abul K Azad - Posted on April 22nd, 2012
Dr. Azad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Liaquat National Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Abul K Azad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Abul K Azad
Dr. Abul K. Azad is a graduate of the Dhaka Medical College in Bangladesh. He earned his Master's Degree in Public Health at the Harvard School of Public Health and completed his Internal Medicine Residency at St. Vincent's Hospital in Worcester, MA. Dr. Azad served as a Fellow in Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine at Albany Medical Center, and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine. He is a Member of the American College of Physicians, the American College of Chest Physicians, the American Thoracic Society and the Medical Society of the State of New York Prior to joining CapitalCare, Dr. Azad practiced Pulmonary, Critical Care and Hospital Medicine in Albany. Dr. Azad sees patients at CapitalCare Pulmonary Medicine, 2125 River Road, Niskayuna. Call 518-831-8530.
Locations & DirectionsTECH VALLEY SLEEP CENTER, 2125 River Rd Ste 203, Schenectady, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abul K Azad, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Schenectady, NY, in this video.
Dr. Abul K Azad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Schenectady, NY.