Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ada M Marin
Dr. Ada M Marin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Marin is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital and Mary Birch Hospital For Women. Dr. Marin has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Ada M Marin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ada M Marin has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ada M Marin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Marin is an excellent doctor with a great disposition. She is thorough and knowledgable and explains things in a way that is clear and understandable. Unfortunately, her front office staff is rude and abrasive on a good day. If I could give them zero stars I would. It is clear that they are overwhelmed and have completely lost sight of the fact that they are supposed to be helping people who are sick.
Horrible. IF you or your kids are really sick - you won't get better by seeing anyone in this office. (Metro Family Physicians is the name of the Group.) Dr. Eros (Dr. Marin's partner), is just nasty. Dr. Marin is very nice - but trying to get in to see her is tough; once you do she's super rushed. (Unless you're there for botox or lasers... which is a whole other story! They will send out e-mails about their "Isagenix weight loss seminars and Botox parties before you'll get any info about h1n1 vaccines for your kids!) And, trying to book an appt for anything... I could go on and on. Unless you have nothing better to do, don't even bother.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Marin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Ada M Marin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMetro Family Physicians, 5030 Camino De La Siesta Ste 204, San Diego, CA
Dr. Ada M Marin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.