Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adam R Burkey has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Adam R Burkey has the following 15 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Palliative Care
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cancer Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Neck Pain
- Facial Pain
- Nerve Block
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. Adam R Burkey has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Adam R Burkey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
This dr did not introduce himself to me. He did not listen to anything I had to say. I felt as he desceiminated against me because I am young. I have real pain issues and he did not even look at my problem areas or give me an exam. This was possibly the worst dr I have ever seen. Would not recommend to anyone. If you are assigned to him I would recommend asking for a different provider.
DR. Burkey has absolutely no bedside manner. He read articles to me siting Wikipedia as his source. He never examined me or questioned my areas of pain. How can he possibly be a Pain Management Doctor? He left the exam room and I waited there for 5 minutes. He did not say goodbye.
20 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Adam R Burkey accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJonathan Lawrence Wright Md, 801 SW 16th St Ste 121, Renton, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Adam R Burkey in this video.
Dr. Adam R Burkey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Renton, WA.