Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adam D Stein has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Showing 4 of 4
It seems like the previous reviewer caught Dr Stein on a bad day (something we all have) because I have seen him multiple times and he has always been friendly and helpful. There is no excuse for the experience the other reviewer describes, but based on MY experience you are unlikely to catch Dr Stein on a bad day. Having said that, I have waited way too long for most of my appointments with him - which of course means he is simply overworked like most good doctors are. He certainly spends more time than average with me, and like I said is always friendly even when I am not keeping my part of the (diabetic treatment) bargain.
Met Dr. Stein for an initial consultation and it was nearly 20 minutes past my appointment before I was roomed. His nurses were polite and kept apologizing for my wait. Once finally in his exam room I had to wait another 20 minutes before being seen. When Dr. Stein came into the room he told me he didn't know why I was there. I told him my doctor was concerned with my adrenal gland growths and weight gain despite dieting and exercise. He pulled up my CT scan on his computer and then simply said "the nodules are small, so again I don't know why you're here." When I asked him what the modules were and if they needed treatment he said that this was "a waste of time" that he "didn't have." With that he left the room. The whole visit was <5 min. He didn't even examine me. I can't believe there are doctors like Stein still in practice.
Dr. Adam D Stein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvocate Dreyer, 2285 Sequoia Dr, Aurora, IL
Dr. Adam D Stein is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Aurora, IL.