Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adam I Rubin has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Nail Diseases
- Actinic Keratosis
- Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Infection
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Light Therapy (Phototherapy)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer (Basal Cell Carcinoma)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Genetic Skin Diseases
- Contact Dermatitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
17 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 2001
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Adam I Rubin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Adam I Rubin in this video.
Dr. Adam I Rubin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.