Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adam J Kaplan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I found Dr. Kaplan to be very personable, making eye contact with the patient and not making the patient feel like a number. His staff is very efficient and thorough and professional. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Kaplan to others for thorough professional medical care. I don't know who posted negative comments, but they are unwarranted.
It takes a long time to find a docter you can trust and even longer if you are looking for one you can trust with your kids as well. Dr. Kaplan is that in spades. My first visit with him was 9 years ago following a car wreck and I didn't have a good doctor so I picked him out of the yellow pages.He is heaven sent. His office staff are friendly and professional. He is patient and has even given me his cell number when my family has needed after hours care. We travelled the country for a few years but requested to be transferred back to this area so that we could be near his office. I reccommend him to everyone who needs good honest healthcare. When I have to wait longer then usual I know it is because he is giving the added attention that every patient deserves. He takes time to be sure that I understand symptoms and diagnosis so that I feel confident going home. We will be in his care until he retires or we pass on.Thank you for being such a good man and a great doctor!
Dr. Kaplan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Baylor Medical Center
Dr. Adam J Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Texas Family Medicine, 4001 W 15th St Ste 445, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Adam J Kaplan in this video.
Dr. Adam J Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.