Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adam Law has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. Adam Law has the following 11 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
Dr. Adam Law has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 32
During the several years I stayed with Dr Law's office his RN staff change so frequently I rarely had than one appointment with the same person. In addition when I had my once a year or less appointments with Dr Law himself he was often in a hurry--average time with me was 10 minutes or less. In short I was able to maintain a regular prescription through his office but new questions (for example a toenail infection that was not resolved or addressed over 3 years except by telling me to soak it in bleach solution) were not addressed in helpful ways.
The office appeared at first to be small in size, however there is everything big about this practice! The first impression is at the front desk. The turnover is a small issue, they seem to be overly worked and they are on top of it! They all work as a team. The nurses really enjoy the work that they do. I tend to see the NP's in the office because Dr. Law is tied up with more complex cases, and I am OK with this. They are all very thorough and make sure to cover all basis to get to the root of the problem rather than throwing medicine at you. Ive been to many practices in the area, and this one is by far the best in town! They care about the individual, not the payday from our insurance company. Two thumbs up!
I had been a patient of Dr. Law for approximately 6 years. Being a diabetic, I had chosen him as my primary care doctor as well. For nearly 2 years I complained of stomach distress (diarrhea) only to find out that the metformin that had been prescribed was a big factor. If metformin is not effective in controlling your a1c, he immediately want to start insulin therapy. Those are the only tools in his tool box. After trying two other oral meds that proved ineffective, he was unwilling to try me on a "newer" class of medication claiming that it hadn't been out long enough. It has been FDA approved for over 5 years! I have also been in terrible pain for all of the 6 or so years I have been his patient due to an arthritic back and hip, yet my symptoms were always dismissed. If you need to discuss any concerns and want a doc that will address your needs, I'd look elsewhere. Dr.Law simply doesn't have the time. He's always looking to see the next patient in line who has probably been waiting for 45 minutes.
30 Years Experience
St Georges Hospital Medical School
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Adam Law accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
Locations & DirectionsIthaca Medical, 404 N Cayuga St, Ithaca, NY
Dr. Adam Law is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ithaca, NY.