Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adam D Lerche has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
If your child ever becomes unstable and you rush to the hospital, a pediatric emergency medicine specialist will work to quickly diagnose the condition, start treatment and then continue to monitor symptoms until he/she is stable again. They are pediatricians specifically trained to handle medical emergencies and make quick decisions to treat infants and children.
They have experience treating allergic reactions, poisonings, trauma injuries from accidents and complications that arise from any chronic illnesses, congenital conditions, asthma or diabetes. They can also diagnose the source of severe symptoms like fever, seizures and trouble breathing to get parents more answers.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Adam D Lerche is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I took my son to the Bardonia pediatrics after a head injury. We had just moved to the neighborhood and were supposed to start using them as our children's pediatrician. We were made to wait in a small cubicle of s room for 20 minutes with no chair. My son was playing in the room as him and my daughter were getting restless. He opened the top drawer where needles were just left unlocked. The dr came in the room did not engage my son at all put him on the table she said you get his arms I'll get his legs. Told me he looked fine if he puked twice give me a call. My 3 year old son was terrified as a strange adult just held him down without so much as an introduction. I expressed my concerns to the front desk staff. I returned the monday for my daughters 1 year check up, they took my insurance info because I am sure they will bill. After I waited in one of those small rooms for 20 minutes I had dr lerche come in the room and just yell at me. I could not get a word in edge wise. He kept referring to bardonia pediatrics as a business and then would correct himself and say it was professional office. He twisted around everything I said, and it appeared he just wanted me to come to this appointment so he could yell at me and humiliate me. He did not even ask me for my side of the story. Needless to say he told me that his practice was not the right practice for me. I have never in my life experienced this kind of treatment from a doctors office much less a pediatrician's a office. I would hate to see this happen to someone else.
Dr. Lerche is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1992
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Adam D Lerche accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBardonia Pediatrics, 446 Route 304 Ste E, Nanuet, NY
Dr. Adam D Lerche is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nanuet, NY.