Dr. Adam Lowenstein Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Adam Lowenstein?

An Artist of the Skin

Posted on November 19th, 2017

Dr. Adam Lowenstein has such great reviews I was going to pass on providing just one more. Then i realized, I have at least two different inputs to share. First, I am a 75 year old caucasian male, having my second facial area cosmetic surgery. Only a small percentage of men apparently have cosmetic surgery. I am athletic and enjoy vigorous exercise. I feel great physically, and prefer to look more age appropriate to how I feel and how I visualize myself. My first cosmetic surgery was 11 years ago with Adam's predecessor Dr. Sheffield, who chose Adam to take over his practice upon his retirement. He trained Adam on his speciality techniques (e.g., eyes, as anyone who had upper or lower eye surgery raved about Sheffield's amazing work). Sheffield performed several different procedures during my first surgery but basically people refer to them as a facelift. As we age we sag. I choose to have another upgrade very recently and to have Adam do the work, simply because I decided there was no better referral than Dr. Sheffield. I had the surgery two weeks ago, went thru the first two days of mild discomfort (this is non-trivial surgery with anesthesia after all), had stitches removed after eight days, and was eating out at my favorite restaurants ten days after surgery (with makeup under my eyes only, to insure I didn't get "why the black eyes" questions). Adam did great work. It was subtle work, as he promised (not identity changing work for an FBI relocation program!) The one amazing before-after change that looks perfectly normal now (and provides a visually younger appearance) but provided a dramatically different before-after picture was my neck area, where the " old man jowels" were becoming prevalent. I stated I have two different inputs. My second input is this.. do not set up an initial visit with Adam unless you really do know what you want. You will be disappointed. He is great at surgery and a work-in-progress at marketing (which any sane person would prefer versus the other way around). With hind-site, I would have talked with one or two other surgeons in town and gotten more inputs and ideas and terminology from them and then had a better informed initial visit with Adam. For example, I still have a small childhood dog-bite scar that he could have removed, but because I didn't tell him specifically I would like to have it removed, he didn't suggest it, and it wasn't done. He assumes you know what you want and does not provide "well how about this" suggestions. As an extra bonus input, do not go to Adam if you want the bee-stung lips or the wild-eyed "Kenny Rogers look" (google it). He prefers creating a subtle natural look. The bottom line is Adam is a great surgeon. I'm delighted that I decided to have one last facial update in life and that I chose Adam. I think of him as a true artist of the skin. Subtle and superb.

Posted on September 9th, 2011

I trusted Dr. Lowenstein as my surgeon because of his honesty and genuine concern for my health and reaching my desired goals. After breast feeding my daughter I was extremely self conscious of my appearance and desired a large but natural look which was exactly what I got! It's been nearly two years since my surgery and I'm just as happy as I was immediately following my procedure. Most importantly I feel that the quality of patient care has not changed either. My surgery has improved the quality of life and for that I am and will be grateful for Dr. Lowenstein and his wonderful staff. I would only recommend Montecito Plastic Surgery to anyone. I was truly loved and cared for.

Posted on August 1st, 2011

I have worked in the cosmetic surgery field for 13 years, having visited hundreds of plastic surgery offices across the United States, so when I was deciding on a plastic surgeon I possessed some knowledge of what to look for, but being cautious, I checked with a co-worker who has more regional experience. My co-worker's immediate response for a plastic surgeon recommendation was; "I wouldn't trust my face with anyone other than Dr.Adam Lowenstein." I had not been to Dr. Lowenstein's office personally, so I made an appointment at Montecito Plastic Surgery. After consulting with Dr. Lowenstein, I was completely satisfied that he was the surgeon I wanted. The surgery went well and I experienced no adverse effects. As for the procedure, I had minimal swelling and tolerated the recovery period without pain medication. I am about 3 months out and have virtually no signs that a procedure took place. Dr. Lowenstein listened to me carefully and was very candid with his recommendations, ultimately producing the results discussed. My business transactions with Dr. Lowenstein were faultless and his staff warm and professional. Based upon my cosmetic surgery results, my spouse is going to Dr. Lowenstein for cosmetic surgery in the near future.

Posted on July 6th, 2011

Went to three doctors in SB and felt like out of all of them Dr Lowenstein would listen to what I wanted. I am so pleased I choose him. I truly trusted him and it paid off. Couldn't be happier!

100% Recommend!

Posted on May 24th, 2011

I had a breast augmentation done a little over a month ago and I couldn't be more pleased! From the initial consultation, the staff and Dr. Lowenstein have been so welcoming and friendly! They are very thorough in absolutely everything they do. They have no problem answering any questions, but they address 99% of them before you can even ask! Dr. Lowenstein did an amazing job, the recovery wasn't bad at all. I got the surgery on a Thursday and was back to work that Monday! There are quite a few of followup appointments that are all included in the one time fee. I have already recommended one friend and she is extremely pleased as well. Book your consultation!

I WOULD NEVER CHANGE MY EXPERIENCE FOR ANYTHING

Posted on February 16th, 2011

I had the best experience ever at the montecito center. I dont have much words to express myself but Dr. Lowenstein and his staff are awesome, they made me feel so comfortable and welcomed. I am so happy with my results and dr.lowenstein gaved me exactly what i wished for, you are a ptofessional at what you do...thanks so much...i love my new boobs dr.lowenstein and you so rocked it in the surgery room..:)

Posted on September 17th, 2010

I was in Ventura and Santa Barbara with my mother over the Labor Day weekend and she looks fantastic. She looks like herself but 15 years younger. She said it is the best thing she has done in ages and we have you and your staff to thank for her new boost of happiness and self-confidence. I have already begun my Eye Lift savings account so that I can have you do it when the time comes.

Absolutely wonderful!!

Posted on May 21st, 2010

Dr. Lowenstein and his staff were absolutely wonderful. They made me feel safe and comfortable leading up to, during and after my surgery. My breast augmentation came out perfect. I am thrilled with the surgery!

I am thrilled

Posted on March 23rd, 2010

I am thrilled with my results from Dr. Lowenstein which has certainly exceeded my expectations! From my very first meeting I felt comfortable and informed on every aspect. He and his staff provided professional care while still maintaining a warm and friendly environment. I can't recommend him highly enough!

Exceptional

Posted on July 14th, 2009

"Initially, I found Dr. Lowenstein by doing a blind review of before-and-after photo galleries of breast augmentations executed by doctors throughout California. Without paying attention to the associated doctor's name, I found that a majority of my picks all came from the same source - Dr. Adam Lowenstein.Other doctors repeatedly suggested that I consider a large C or D because of my tall frame, I was even told by one doctor that he habitually chooses implants in surgery which are larger than the patient requests because in his experience, women always want larger breasts than they say they want! I was completely uninterested in being shaped into some doctor's one-size-fits-all ideal of the perfect woman's breast size; or in having a doctor who thought he knew better than I did in terms of what I would want in the end. Fortunately, Dr. Lowenstein was the antithesis of this.From the initial consult throughout the process of prep appointments, scheduling, surgery and follow up, Dr. Lowenstein and his staff were caring, accommodating, skilled, and professional. Dr. Lowenstein always took ample time to listen to me, answer my questions, and be sure I was well-informed.Most importantly, Dr. Lowenstein was able to make the jump from our in-person discussions of the desired outcome, to a real manifestation of that vision. Our communication was effective and going into surgery I knew we had the same goal/ outcome in mind. I trusted him completely to make necessary on-the-spot decisions regarding size and aesthetics while I was under anesthesia; and the results are flawless. I healed very quickly and thanks to the artful care of Dr. Lowenstein and his staff, have a truly beautiful result to my breast augmentation. The proportions are excellent and the results extremely natural looking and feeling. I could not be more pleased and I recommend Dr. Lowenstein with the highest regards."M.

Posted on November 14th, 2017