Dr. Adam A Lyko Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Adam A Lyko?

excellent

He is a great Doctor

Excellent Internal Medicine, Endocrinologist!

I have been seeing Dr. Adam Lyko for more than 4 years now. He is consistent in his approach to finding what's wrong with you, and what needs to be done in order to correct the problem as best possible. However, he is and will be, straightforward with you, in what needs to be done; no beating around the bush. My advice to you, be honest with him. If you go to him for help, be ready to listen and ready to do what he tells you to, with regards to what needs to be done. For in the end, if you listen, learn, and do your part with regards to your care (health), Dr. Adam Lyko can and will help you attain your goals if possible, by working with you and your other doctors in a team environment. Remember though, it requires you to do your part, and when he, Dr. Adam Lyko, asks questions of you, even if you normally wouldn't talk about certain issues in your life, answer his questions in full detail and honestly. He will listen and help you find solutions to your medical problems, if there are any to be had, with your medical problems. It does however, require you to open up and be honest with giving him all the information, not holding anything back from him. I have had Type 1 Diabetes (Diagnosed) since July 21, 1986. I have been seeing Dr. Adam Lyko for a little more than four years now, and since he put me on an insulin pump, with a continuous glucose monitor that can auto shut off my pump when I start having hypoglycemia problems, which I do frequently do to hypoglycemia unawareness, the problems have started to slowly be controlled. My health is not perfect, for I have numerous problems. However without, the care and understanding of my issues, which Dr. Lyko has, due to his caring nature and background, I wouldn't be here today, in my opinion. Dr. Adam Lyko, M.D. is going into private practice, and making his office in Post Falls, Idaho in March of 2018. Should you need a an Endocrinologist that cares about his patients health, and about them as a person, I highly recommend that you, once his office is opened up in March of 2018, Google him and make an appointment, you will be glad you did. Someone left a comment on this site stating that Dr. Lyko lied about their glucose readings, and that their meter readings proved it. I'll just say this, He most likely took your A1C, divided it out, and got your average reading. To help you out and better understand your readings, do one of two things, or do both of the following: 1. Check Glucose 10 times a day a. When you first wake up b. Before eating Breakfast c. 2 hours After Breakfast d. Before eating lunch e. 2 hours After eating lunch f. Before eating dinner g. 2 hours After eating dinner h. Before eating your night snack i. 2 hours After eating your night snack j. Before going to bed 2. Get a Continuous Glucose Monitor, and use it regularly You will find the average your meter reads, will come closer to the readings found, when your A1C is calculated and divided out. With the Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) you will be more easily to see the trends of your Glucose (highs and lows) and help your doctor help you, in getting your glucose under control. You will find that Dr. Adam Lyko did not lie to you. You however, will find that you need more education with regards to your diabetes, and equipment used for it. I have had Diabetes for more than 31 years, and I find continually, that I still have more to learn. For diabetes, touches every part of the body, internal and external over time, regardless of who you are, if you have it. Take care, and see Dr. Adam Lyko in Post Falls, Idaho, come March of 2018. Hope to see you there! Thank you, Joseph Greely

Dr. Lyko Shows Compassion

Once my initial appointment was finally scheduled in 2015, I have not had any difficulty scheduling followup appts. for my (past) thyroid cancer. I really like Dr. Lyko. He personally followed up on a problem I was having getting my script filled with insurance. He "went to bat" for me!

I didn't like my visit with Dr Lyko and won't go back. I was not treated with respect by the reception area.

I am dissatisfied

He lied about my blood sugar levels. .... I gave him my meter to download my levels. My meter didn't lie!!!!

Dr. Lyko is easy to talk too, I feel comfortable with him.

May as well us WebMD

Does not seem to listen. Looks up answers on his phone. Spends a few minutes with you and sends you on your way. Nurse is unpleasant and does not listen either. Medication list is inaccurate but won't correct it. Moving to a new doctor.

Happy

I have to drive nearly 200 miles to see Dr. Lyko. I was happy that all of my labs are available from the patient portal, that I can email him via the portal, that I can get my med change via phne rather than another drive. I've been seeing another doctor for 7 months who had run monthly TSH tests and was unable to determine correct levothyroxine dosage. We had it hammered out in short order at Dr. Lyko's office. His assistant is a confident, strong woman, which is what I prefer, but those who seek a soft, nuturing female stereotype might not be compatible. I thought she was a delight and greatly liked her get 'er done approach. Specialists are usually very busy but I did not feel like he was as late as I have experienced elsewhere. And he was superb in assessiing my situation and talking through everything, to the point that I was ready to go before he was! Highly recommend him.

Disappointing

If you like to make a lot of follow up calls to get lab results back then this is the doctor's office to go to. Took three weeks to get my biopsy results back and that was after calling them repeatedly. His assistant is very uncooperative with giving out lab results etc. I had a very bad reaction to the medication the doctor put me on for my thyroid. Called several times to report the problem, finally after two weeks I heard back from Dr. Lyko. 6 weeks later he called me back concerning lab results from the previous month and asked if he needed to adjust my medication. He took me off the medication and had no record of it. I will not be going back to this office.

Not a good experience

It took them 38 days to get the results of my blood work back to me and I honestly believe that was only because I called them five times to get them. I received excuse after excuse from his assistant as well as many apologizes, however; I feel that if you are the doctors assistant and that is your job, simply do your job. The patient should not have to repeatedly call and call just to get test results. The doctor may be wonderful but if his staff isn't on the ball he will lose patients like me, I will be looking elsewhere.

I suffer from hypothyroidism and desperately have been trying to lose weight I quickly gained when my thyroid started degenerating. I have attempted multiple diets and I exercise everyday. I had not seen any weight loss and asked him if there are specific foods I should avoid, he told me there was nothing I could do but continue to up my medication. I have not and will not return to this doctor- you should not have to pay someone to poke you in the neck, tell you there is no thyroid-friendly diet, and then send you somewhere else to have blood work done (which was billed as a separate visit).