Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adam Ruscher has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I was sent to Swedish Ballard ED where this Dr. is employed as an Emergency Physician. I was presenting with Acute emergent lower right abdominal pain that was not resolving with pain meds. Primary Dr. and Charge nurse at Swedish Ballard insisted I return after a visit 2 days prior where I was diagnosed with a Twisted Para Ovarian Cyst. With a history of hemorrhagic ovarian cysts, I returned as directed. This Physician Dr. Adam Ruscher, Was cold, callous and mean spirited. Ruscher stated that he would not do any imaging as "You had an ultrasound 2 days ago" I explained that my Dr. and the nurse sent me back with a fever and pain level of 8.5. Ruscher refused to examine or treat me as he stated in his dictation that "I was seeking pain meds." I informed Ruscher that I was already on pain medication and that I needed imaging not narcotics. Ruscher laughed at me when I was crying and I stated that I would call an ambulance and go to another ED. Ruscher responded with "This is the closest Hospital and when the Medics bring you back I will stand by my decision not to treat." The Nurse who was in the room looked at Ruscher and said DOCTOR! I believe we were both in shock with his abhorrent behavior. My Primary referred me to another Hospital that quickly provided the quality compassionate care that I needed. I will be having surgery soon. On a final note I have learned that Dr. Adam Ruscher has been employed by several Hospitals. It is my opinion that his high turnover of employment is a red flag all in itself.
14 Years Experience
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Adam Ruscher accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Joseph Medical Center, 1717 S J St, Tacoma, WA
Dr. Adam Ruscher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.