Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Adam Sherman
Dr. Adam Sherman, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Oxnard, CA. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sherman is affiliated with St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital and St. John's Regional Medical Center. Dr. Sherman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Adam Sherman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 68
I have been going to Dr. Sherman for over 7 years. Before finding Him I went to Doctor after Doctor trying to find a doctor that actually cared about my rapidly declining health. I have multiple Autoimmune deceases, panic disorder, and extreme Back and neck pain due to a near fatal car accident. I have been in the hospital three times this year alone which were all critical. Also Dr. Sherman showed care and great compassion when my teenage son died 2 years ago. Dr. Sherman has helped me through all of it. He has always been very professional and caring and spends time with me each visit so I can tell him exactly how I am doing. I never wait more than 15 - 20 minutes which is rare these days. His staff Erica and JoJo have always been so wonderful and caring to me and do a great job keeping the office going. I highly recommend Dr. Sherman to anyone looking for a doctor that actually cares and treats you like a person and not just a number on a chart somewhere.
I am a double amputee with finger loss. I was with my prior Dr. for 20 years before his retirement. After much searching I was introduced to Dr. Sherman. I found a man willing to help me with my concerns in the most professional and caring manner I could have hoped for. With all my medical situations and advancing years, it is a comfort to have found this exceptional Dr. and his fine office staff.
Ok so I have seen Dr. Sherman for years, and we all know about his crazy ex wife. That was rude to patients and very disrespectful. But I came back once I new she was gone. As for Jojo I love him. He is one of the most caring people I have ever met and very straight forward. He even help me and my husband through some tough times. I will always be thankful for him. And now I got my family back again from drug addiction. Thanks you Dr. Sherman office.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sherman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital
St. John's Regional Medical Center
16 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1997
San Joaquin General Hospital
Dr. Adam Sherman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions532 N Ventura Rd, Oxnard, CA
Dr. Adam Sherman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oxnard, CA.