Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Adam Wait
Dr. Adam Wait, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Overland Park, KS, with another office in Warrensburg, MO. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Plastic Surgery. Dr. Wait is affiliated with Western Missouri Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Adam Wait has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 24
Our daughter is a student at UCM in Warrensburg. She injured here knee went to ER, treated released with a referral to see Dr. Wait. The office staff said he would review X-ray and they would call us back with an appointment time. Six hours later called to say he would not see her because she had previous surgery on that knee, 9 weeks ago. That it was a policy. If it was a policy why didn't the office staff know it. In fact the staff called twice about an appointment prior to the doctor coming in to look at X-rays. Basically refused to see her! She laid in her dorm room in pain thinking she would be seen, as the staff lead us to believe that. This is a new injury, nothing to do with previous surgery. Bottom line if you have a student at UCM that needs orthopedic care you are out of luck. So she is driving over 3 hours to get home in pain to be seen! I am a nurse of 32 years and have never experienced such poor medical practice policies ! What are students suppose to do when they get injured? Maybe you should educated your office staff and ER on your so called policy! So patients who need care can go to someone who is truly in the medical field to treat patients!
I broke my leg - in my 50s - and was referred to Dr. Wait after the break. I do not know if he is so nice (and caring) because he is so young (and basically a newer Dr.) but if you ever need any medical care that involves your bones, please make an appointment to see this gifted doctor. You will not be disappointed!
Dr. Wait is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Western Missouri Medical Center
10 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Adam Wait accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Adam Wait is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.