Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Adetokunbo A Akinyeye
Dr. Adetokunbo A Akinyeye, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baytown, TX. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Akinyeye is affiliated with El Campo Memorial Hospital and Triumph Hospital Baytown. Dr. Akinyeye has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Adetokunbo A Akinyeye has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Tropical Diseases
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
There are just some patients that want the doctor and his staff to look bad just because they don't get what they want. I am a patient their and I love his staff, especially Josie. She is caring, compassionate and very helpful. Now on the other hand Mrs. Rita works the staff to death. I have seen other patients there that do not understand that the staff is not to be blamed for the miss communications between them. The doctor needs to see less patients in his office. The poor staff is always on the run. Josie the front desk girl is always to busy. Always on phone, computer and opening the door for patients. I feel for her. Every time I call she answers the phone with kindness and respect. I just hope that the doctor could hire more people like her, hard working and caring. The other nurses are okay but sometimes they act clueless. I have had a problem with Becky the back nurse, due to not sending my medication or calling me back with doctors feedback on my diabetic log. She hung the phone in my face and told me she would call me back, I never received a call from her. I talked to Mrs. Rita about Becky and she could not say anything helpful. I tried talking to the doctor about that issue and Mrs. Rita just changed the subject so the doctor would not ask me about it. At least I know that there is one person in that office I can trust and count on. The doctor is wonderful in treating my condition.
Dr Akinyeye is a very knowledgeable and skilled clinician whose treatments always work for me. He is very personable, caring and approachable. He makes me feel very much at home during my office visits. As a result, I am able to candidly communicate my medical issues. He also takes time to answer my questions and to ensure that my needs are met. My entire family goes to this doctor, and we all consider him as part of our family.
I received a call from his nurse yesterday telling me to find a new PCP since I had asked for a second opinion from a specific neurologist. I asked him on Friday to try to get me some answers to brain scans and MRI. By Tuesday there had been no answer so I asked for a referral to another neuro. the next day I was told to leave his care, and gave no reason and he has not responded to the Medicare peoples requests either. His nurse Sabra was very helpful and caring, Rita however was rude, yelled at me and the insurance company telling them they were wrong in how their own insurance worked. and she hung up on the supervisor. I would not ever recommend this office to ANYONE EVER>
Dr. Akinyeye is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Ibadan
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Adetokunbo A Akinyeye accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Care Clinic, 1661 Rollingbrook Dr Ste A, Baytown, TX
Dr. Adetokunbo A Akinyeye is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baytown, TX.