Dr. Adetokunbo Oyelese Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Adetokunbo Oyelese?

Can't trust everything you read in reviews. Proof is in the pudding.

Posted on August 2nd, 2016

Dr. Oleyese was far from what his alleged reputation led it up to be. He was not prompt or go the extra mile in treating my condition. He prolong the situation by making a flip decision to renege on his diagnosis and plan for surgery. He led me to believe my symptoms were related to other issues which were no relevant and a weak excuse not to perform surgery after telling me it was my only option because of a complicated set of Rheumatological conditions, which simply weren't true. He did nothing to expedite care promptly and consider the best care for his patient. Such a disappointment and the prolong time I had to spend suffering unnecessarily due to his lack of professionalism.

Posted on March 5th, 2015

Excellent effective conservative Neurosurgeon

Gave me back my life

Posted on May 10th, 2013

I had lumbar surgery two years ago and I am doing great. Doctor Oyelese was great! I could not even get out of a chair or bed with out being in pain and bent over. I was home bond for 2 yr because other Doctors could not find out what was wrong. Dr. Oyelese took a great deal of time with my husband and I to explain the operation to us. In my book he is the greatest, personality wise, bed side manner is outstanding and God has gifted him with a gift to help people..

Posted on July 18th, 2011

I have had 5 spine surgeries over the last 9 years and have had a lot of lower back pain over these 9 years, to the point of not being being able to walk or sit without a lot of pain. I asked my primary care doctor for a referral to see Dr. Oyelese because he was picked as a "Top Doc" in RI and supposedly is a specialist in spinal disorders. After waiting 2 months to even get an appointment (and over 1 1/2 hours waiting in his office), he talked to me for 10 minutes, did a cursory nuerological exam and said he wanted another test, a myelogram, to see exactly where my pain was coming from. I had to call his office 4 times over the next 2 weeks to get it scheduled, and I lost a full day from work getting this painful procedure. After waiting another 1 1/2 hour in the extremely uncomfortable chairs in his waiting room, he brushed off the myelogram, said it was the same as the MRI (then why did I need it?), tells me that "the deterioration is moving up my spine", but says he wouldn't do surgery, I can try cortisone injections (I've had over 30, over a 6 year period, to no avail), and, as I sit there crying because I see myself crippled, hands me a tissue box, and walks out, saying, "take as long as you need, I'll see you in 8 weeks". I called back to get an appointment sooner to try to get more information from this supposed specialist, and I can't even get a call back. Maybe his skill lies in surgery - it's certainly not in patient relations, and I didn't see much in diagnosing spinal problems.

A Very kind man , who works to save peoples lives everyday thats beautiful

Posted on February 18th, 2011

thank you for becoming A doctor, and saving peoples liveswithout you I would have been pararlized the rest of my life.I'm so very grateful to have a 2nd chance in life you are a true hero .reviews on dr oyelese

Posted on November 1st, 2010

Following a fall that injured her spine, it is because of Dr. Oylese that my daughter can walk again today. His skill is unsurpassed. He visited every day for the three weeks following the surgery that my daughter was in the hospital.His office however is a nightmare. They do not return phone calls, even from therapists who need the doctor's guidance or approval to proceed with care. They do not get messages to the doctor. They do not even seem knowlegeable, and certainly are not friendly or helpful. Sometimes the waiting room spills out into the hall where people in wheelchairs and braces are waiting for well more than an hour.

Marginal

Posted on June 24th, 2010

Marginal appointment. I had a more thorough exam and explanations of MRI from my neurologist.Nurse asked for MRI CD and the doctor never even turned on the computer and reviewed them with me as my neurologist did.

Posted on July 20th, 2008

He is a very professional, well spoken, and down-to-earth doctor. He explained things to me in ways that were very informative and technical always making sure I understood everything before moving on. He was willing and able to answer all questions I had regarding my diagnosis and pending surgery. He is very intelligent and is an expert in his specialty, which is cervical spine surgery. He made me feel comfortable before and after surgery. He explained to me all risks and benefits before I submitted to surgery.

Posted on September 24th, 2017