Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Adolphus Bonar
Dr. Adolphus Bonar, MD, FACE, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Gastonia, NC. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bonar is affiliated with Gaston Memorial Hospital and Endocrinology Associates. Dr. Bonar has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Adolphus Bonar has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Adolphus Bonar has the following 4 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Adolphus Bonar has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Adolphus Bonar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Bonar is one of the best doctors I've ever had. He truly cares for your health problems and for finding out a solution. He may be hard to understand at first but stick it out because he is great. He is so personable and doesn't shoot the crap ...he is straight up and makes you feel at comfortable.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bonar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Gaston Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2544 Court Dr, Gastonia, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Adolphus Bonar, MD, FACE, FACP - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Gastonia, NC, in this video.
Dr. Adolphus Bonar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gastonia, NC.