Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Adrian Dusa
Dr. Adrian Dusa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC, with other offices in Huntersville, NC and Salisbury, NC (and 5 other locations). He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Dusa is affiliated with Saint Francis Hospital, The University Hospital and Children's Hospital Of Ok. He speaks English.
Dr. Adrian Dusa has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I was referred to Dr. Dusa by my regular cardi8ologist, who is in the same practice. I had previously had one ablation, which cured Atrial Flutter. I needed a second one to correct a more severe atrial fibrillation which began occurring about two years after the first procedure.. Dr. Dusa carefully explained the problemm the procedure, how complicated it is, etc etc. He took the time to be careful with me and did not pull any punches. There are not a lot of Drs. who are trained to do what he does, which in my case was a "total pulmonary Ablation - in which catheters are passed from one atrium to the other, through the membrane that separates the atria. Sounds scary, and it is. Mine was successful, thank God. My fib. when it hit was totally debilitating, and now I am cured. If you have this procedure be warned...you will not be able to do a lot requiring physical exertion for about three months, which is how long it takes the healing and reduction in swelling in the heart to occur. I was able to live with that in order to hgave a much more normal life. He's a great Dr., is upfront about everything, and I highly recommend him.
My sister had a similar procedure with him and we both are now symptom-free. He is a charming individual and an extremely skilled cardiologist.
Dr. Dusa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Francis Hospital
The University Hospital
Children's Hospital Of Ok
OSU Medical Center
Saint Francis Hospital South
20 Years Experience
Universitatea De Medicina Si Farmacie Iuliu Hatieganu
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Adrian Dusa accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Adrian Dusa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.