Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Adriana G Ioachimescu
Dr. Adriana G Ioachimescu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ioachimescu is affiliated with Emory University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Adriana G Ioachimescu has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 5 of 16
I have had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Ioachimescu on 2 occasions. She is without a doubt one of the nicest and most thorough physicians I have ever dealt with. She was friendly, humorous and very professional. She spent extensive time with me explaining my condition and treatment options. I can't remember when I have had a doctor take that amount of time to make sure I understood everything and acted that my health was important to her as well.
I was nervous about my visit based on some reviews I read, but ended up being very pleased. She had read all of my records prior to coming in the room, which I really appreciated. She let me explain my problems, but already had some background and ideas. She was very informative. She is the first endocrinologist I have seen that actually has a good understanding of the pituitary. If you have any pituitary related problems the Emory Pituitary Center is the place to go.
Run away from this woman !! I could cut and paste the other review. If you are overweight she will tell you that you are depressed and need to loose weight and exercise. She said I was overweight and had sleep apnea. She missed the fact that I had iatrogenic Cushings. She's an embarrassment to Emory. Shes a liability. Promptness - forget it... someone came around with snacks - wait was almost 2 hours. Staff was courteous but they were incompetent.
Dr. Ioachimescu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Carol Davila University Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Adriana G Ioachimescu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWinship Cancer Institute Of Emory University, 1365 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Adriana G Ioachimescu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.