Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Adrianna C Maldonado has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Adrianna C Maldonado has the following 22 expertise
- Back Pain
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Gland Issues
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Heart Failure
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Hypovolemia (Low Blood Volume)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Adrianna C Maldonado has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 16
I think she is very detailed which I like.But I hate going for apointments because every time ive waited two hours.This last time was really bad.My apt was at five pm and I didnt get home til eight pm.what made me mad was the front office people turned the lights off and left when there were still patients in the office.I think the office is poorly managed and that was very unprofessional for workers to leave when patients were still sitting there.Also to even get a time slot is hard as well.The doc might be busy but most other offices are flexible with getting you in.I like the doctor but nothing else and am considering switching.I dont want to wait two hrs everytime.Somethings gotta give.
"Dr Brem refuses to test Free T3 and Reverse T3. She also refuses to prescribe T3 drugs or any natural T4 drugs. She did test for Hashimoto's after my first visit but hasn't tested me again since then. I also have nodules-found through ultrasound-but she will not have them aspirated to check for cancer. The office is horrific with returning calls, and when I told the doctor that I waited 5 months to get test results she commented on how poor her office staff had been and that I wouldn't have received a call even if the results had been bad. She did say she has new staff but then complained about one of her current staff members. Expect to wait at least 30 minutes--I have waited for over an hour two times." I agree with everything the above person said and I am now looking for a new Dr. I told her my hashi symptoms and she asked me if i was depressed and refused to look at any of my hashi research. ....Fired
Dr Brem refuses to test Free T3 and Reverse T3. She also refuses to prescribe T3 drugs or any natural T4 drugs. She did test for Hashimoto's after my first visit but hasn't tested me again since then. I also have nodules-found through ultrasound-but she will not have them aspirated to check for cancer. The office is horrific with returning calls, and when I told the doctor that I waited 5 months to get test results she commented on how poor her office staff had been and that I wouldn't have received a call even if the results had been bad. She did say she has new staff but then complained about one of her current staff members. Expect to wait at least 30 minutes--I have waited for over an hour two times.
- George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Dr. Adrianna C Maldonado accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Adrianna C Maldonado, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Chester, PA, in this video.
Dr. Adrianna C Maldonado is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chester, PA.