Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adrienne W Forstner-Barthell has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Adrienne W Forstner-Barthell has the following 12 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Bowel Resection
Dr. Adrienne W Forstner-Barthell has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Adrienne W Forstner-Barthell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I am a preoperative patient of Dr. Forstner and so happy to have found her! I saw another physician that worked to scare me and LOVE the fact that Dr. Forstner works to be honest and direct, without forcing fear. She keeps expectations within reason, and yet offers much hope! A perfect combination and I look forward to posting good news again once my surgery is complete.
Dr. Forstner came straight to the point and explained the pros as well as cons of the surgery. She was straightforward and yet did not beat around the bush. I was worried about my predicament but her words oozed confidence and put me at ease.The surgery and aftercare, and my current post-surgery condition, all indicate Dr. Forstner's excellence. Thank you Doctor!
Based on a colonoscopy report of probable colon cancer, Dr Forstner removed my colon one year ago. I asked her what life for me would be like one year hence. She replied it would be no different except for more frequent visits to the bathroom. That is precisely spot on. I couldn't be more satisfied with the surgery. And I appreciated Dr Forstner's directness, with a touch of good humor and caring.
i would highly recommend this doctor! she has a great attitude, very professional, handles awkward and delicate discussions of delicate body parts and functions with panache. got right to the matter, is very matter-of-fact, pleasant. her staff is dedicated and knowledgeable as well. great to work with.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Adrienne W Forstner-Barthell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsColon And Rectal Center Of Arizona, 18275 N 59th Ave Ste 178, Glendale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Adrienne W Forstner-Barthell in this video.
Dr. Adrienne W Forstner-Barthell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.