Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adrienne E Lara has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Adrienne E Lara has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
Dr. Adrienne E Lara has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 55
When I first met with the Doctor I thought she was wonderful, great bedside manner, and very courteous staff. I felt very confident having my HD Liposuction procedure done by her. I could not have been more wrong! After the procedure, I could not believe the pain I was in. Shortly after, I had numbness and hardening 8 inches across my abdomen under my naval, the Doctor told me I was forming scar tissue. I looked up on line and discovered scar tissue forming could be caused by an over aggressive procedure (which could explain my excessive pain) All the information she has, informs you should be able to go back to work after 3-4 days and back to normal activities within 2 weeks. After 3 weeks, I still had excessive pain and wanted to know what they considered "normal" activities! After 4 weeks into recovery the Doctor admitted to giving me a umbilical hernia and immediately gave me the name of a surgeon to fix it. Thinking it was not a big deal I got dressed and left the office, thinking it was very unusual that everyone in the office had disappeared. Only after looking into having the surgery did I realize it was more serious then the Doctor lead me to believe. To make a long story short it has cost an additional $8,000.00 to have the hernia surgery and the Liposuction redone. Even after having fat replaced in the uneven areas , I'm a lumpy, bumpy uneven mess. I don't recognize my own body! It has now been 16 months since the procedure, I still have scare tissue build up, pain and numbness. After spending over $10,000.00 it looks a thousand times worse than the original fat I wanted removed. I'm sure Dr. Lara would admit this was not her finest work, she did not except any responsibility for the permanent damage she caused or the cost of repairing her mistakes!! Be careful of all the paperwork you sign! I would suggest anyone considering having HD Liposuction done by Dr. Lara, think long and hard if you are willing to gamble on the extra expense, permanent disfigurement and chronic pain for the rest of your life!!
Dr. Lara was friendly from day one . She makes her patients her number priority . The staff is very welcoming and doesn't make you feel like other doctors offices they make you feel like your family . Also,the wait time is no more than five minutes and place is very tidy . The staff is pretty quickly on getting you back in room. We love you all !
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
28 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Adrienne E Lara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCelebrating Women Clinic, 1801 Solar Dr Ste 155, Oxnard, CA
Dr. Adrienne E Lara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oxnard, CA.