Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Afsaneh Karimi has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
Dr. Afsaneh Karimi has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Afsaneh Karimi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
This doctor triple books so you can expect to wait 3+ hours after arriving for your appointment time. Additionally, the office is dirty and there is little respect for patient privacy. She also appears to be hustling insurance companies and ordering tests that are unnecessary. I do not recommend Dr. Karmi's office.
Dr Karimi delivered my son, Yes, it was 15 years ago but she will never be forgotten. There is no doubt that with the grace of God, and Dr Karimi, we are both alive today. Every time I had to go to the hospital she was there. She came in the morning and she came at night. I was always confident in every decision she made regarding my health and the health of my unborn son.
I believe Dr. Marino is French-Iranian though may be wrong, It has to be more difficult to get the respect and recognition being a woman doctor of that ethnicity yet we owe her our life. We already had a high- risk obgyn but on a routine checkup he says we must go immediately to see this woman Dr, Karimi, We didn't have wait at all she was waiting for "us". She sees the ultrasound and says to my daughters mom, "this baby is in trouble I am admitting you today to the hospital, Mom says "okay we'll be right back ". Dr, Karimi with hesitation says "this child won't make it through the night. I can't take that risk, and I will be the one that nerd to deliver her, you're not going home till the child is safe", long story shortened our daughter was delivered a month early C section and reminders on a heart monitor for 1 full year, she is the Gerber baby and was beautiful and is now 17 years old a top student in high school, While her mom was pregnant w/ her we drove off a mountainside cliff and none of should have lived, Dr, Karimi saved our daughter's life when probably no one else could have, to write a bad review because you had to "wait" too long may discourage another mother when in truth Karimi was their saving grace, Thank you so much Dr Karini we were so blessed and I believe it was divine intervention that brought us together,
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Afsaneh Karimi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAfsaneh Karimi Md, 9100 S Sepulveda Blvd Ste 117, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Afsaneh Karimi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.