Dr. Aftab A Khan Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Aftab A Khan?

Been with Dr Khan for years ,but instead of getting better is getting worse,lately you can no even tell him what you feeling ,he give you three minutes of his precious time, in a hurry to catch the next patient.

The ONLY reason this is even getting one star is that Doctor Khan himself is awesome and caring. With that said, this office staff is completely incompetent. When calling for any reason you will typically get a recording - consider yourself lucky if the call is returned. Getting prescription refills is a complete hassle and oftentimes wrong. The office staff repeatedly gives an appointment time handwritten or verbal, and when you show up for your appointment they will tell you it was a different time even when the handwritten shows otherwise - to cover themselves they lie and put a note in your chart stating you called and changed it. Please, if you are considering this office...run...run away.

I have left this office. I have requested referrals to specialists - the first request resulted in their referral department sending the referral 7 times to the wrong fax number without checking as to why it didn't go through, resulting in my wait for over 6 weeks before being able to make an appointment with the specialist. The second referral never was processed. I called twice to follow up on the referral, 6 days after the appointment with this PCP, only to find ( from my insurance company ) that no request had been made to them. I made 2 phone calls to the referral department and never received a call back. After each of my appointments, errors were made in prescribing medications and after traveling a significant distance to pick up filled prescriptions, only 1 of my prescriptions had been sent to the pharmacy. I am very healthy overall, but they have required 4 appointments with labs, in the last year, despite my labs being normal and improved. United Health Care attempted to call on my behalf and will be filling a complaint with their governing agency. Having been in nursing since 1974, I find this office as uncaring and unprofessional, in my opinion

Thank you for such wonderful care!

We are snowbirds and truly appreciated being able to have a PCP while we are down here. Dr. Kahn and Karyl were very attentive and professional and made us feel welcome into the practice. We had some major problems while we were down here and it's nice to know that we are welcomed into such a wonderful practice. The office staff couldn't have been more helpful. They were terrific. Thank you so much and we'll see you next January!

Stay away!!!!!!!!!!

WORST EXPERIENCE WITH OFFICE STAFF AND NURSE! Nurse was so rude and when my wife and I spoke to the office manage she was just as rude that was the first time we were there they even called in our medications wrong ! We found a new Doctor! Never again !

Disappointed

I think this is the first review I have ever posted in my life and am sadden to do so. In the last twelve months the lack of service I have received from this Drs office has been terrible. I think if you are genuinely sick then this isnt the Drs office you should choose. If you have annual check ups and bloods and the occassional chest infection but anything more then there is not the time form either the dr or the back end support staff to keep you from slipping through the net and when you politely chase up or ask for more --- rudeness and attitude, sometime people need to undersdtand they are dealing with sick and exhausted patitents who shouldt have to chase things up themselves to be treated like an inconvenience when they do. Im sorry I thought I was paying you for this service -- Very sad

Don't waste time with the PA

I saw Karyl Hobbs due to some problems that I thought a Family MD office could handle and after being shipped all over to specialists for testing, I returned for a follow up appointment only to find out they didn't have any of my results! I wasted a visit and then was told I would be called in 2 weeks, never was then when I asked for a refill on my medicine I was told I would have to come in for another appointment! I never went back! She seems very snooty and she is very quick to refer you out! Unprofessional!!!

ANOTHER DOCTOR

TO ME IS LIKE HE REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT THE PATIENT TO MUCH THAT IS THE IMPRESION HE GIVE ME, YES EVERY DAY HE COME TO YOUR BEDSIDE IN THE HOSPITAL, BUT TAKE IN CARE OF ME ALL YEAR ,DOESNT SOUND GOO TO ME THAT I HAVE TO FINISH IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM, YOU DECIDE TO GO OR NOT TO GO

Need new front office staff

I like Dr. Khan, but he has never had a good office staff. I called for either an appointment or a script call-in. They were to call me back for either. I never got a callback. I called at the end of the day and left a message for a callback. Again, I got no callback. The next day I called again and finally got through and they didn't seem to remember I had called...certainly no apology for not calling me back. I needed to get in right away and they wanted to make an appointment for a few days away....I said I will be in the hospital by then if I don't see a doctor....I will find another doctor. Then they suddenly were able to give me an appointment for that day.

retired

dr. aftab khan - im in the process of looking for a new p.c.p. he is in a world of his own when it comes patient care. how he was voted BEST doctor of the year recently i have no idea.he reminds me of a stick person when he enters the patient room. no greeting just starts rambling on. as one person stated this doctor does NOT like to touch his patient. the office staff is a "F" rating as far as appointments being schedulded and sometimes take 3 to 4 days to get back to me reguarding Rx call in. he -- khan has got to fork over more money for GOOD help. he has way tooooo many patients and most visits spends maybe 5 min. with me.

Never trust a doctor with a billboard!

Dr. Khan is just one example of what is wrong with the medical profession today. He has way too many patients and can't possibly give them the care and attention they deserve. You would think that opening a larger office and hiring a PA and an additional MD would help alleviate the problems with his practice, but instead it has made it worse. The office staff are more like security guards. They literally put you on hold for 20 minutes or more and will not give the doctor a message regardless of how urgent it is. If you are lucky enough to actually get an appointment with Dr. Khan you will see that he spends minimal amount of time with you, does not answer questions, will not even touch you, and when dealing with a chronic condition he offers little indication of what the course of treatment will be or how he will play a role in your recovery. He simply asks you to return the following week. I believe his mantra is quantity over quality care. I would not recommend him to any one.

Lost his way

This office has really gone down hill ! After constructing his new building and hiring another Physician and P.A. , this Dr is NEVER available anymore ! This is his own Private Practice running on cruise-control and moonlighting at Heart of Florida every other week , again never available ! I use to get in the same day (if I called early enough) or at least by the next day , not anymore, the nurses try to push you on the other Incompetent physician or the PA , if you hold out for him it may be two weeks before he can see you ! His front area staff receptionist' is constantly turning over and if you want to talk to an officer manager , well, there isn't one so never mind. Very disappointed that Dr Khan has chosen greed over the welfare of his Patients !!! Looking for a new PCP now !