Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aftab Qadir has the following 3 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Aftab Qadir has the following 13 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Aftab Qadir has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Aftab Qadir is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
This Doctor Afta Qadir is like some type of top secret. My 15 yr old daughter is at the Central Florida Behavioral Hospital for 4 days now. They told me doctor will call you in the morning (day after admitting her) and I have yet to receive a call, after 3 long days me and my husband had to demand to speak to him face to face. Staff keep telling us that's not how he works. He only calls... But yet he NEVER has called. Nurses never can tell you a confident answer. It's always probably, maybe, I think so.. They did eat... They !!!! As if I ask about every person in there. They are never sure about anything, but quick to say the Doctor will call you back. I requested her release and they denied it, awaiting a second opinion from Dr. Sofia Qadir. Dr. Afta reassured me a call today with update on second opinion (this was at 3:30pm it's 11:42pm) no call. They told me if I want to have her released against their advice I would have to go see a judge... This is ridiculous!!!! Don't recommend this place. Research place thoroughly before admitting your child or loved one anywhere. Lesson learned God Bless
My son was seen by Dr Qadir during a 5 day EEG. He was prescribed Zoloft for his anxiety. I was told by this Doctor and all the nurses that I would leave with his meds. When the Doctor never showed up. I was sent home no meds. The Phamacy called stating I needed to contact the Doctor to find out the hold up. I left detailed messages everyday since. NO CALL BACK WHATSOEVER. Thursday makes two weeks that we have been home. To no avail. This office does not make it easy to contact. Meanwhile my son is trying to work thru his anxieties. This office needs to do better.
Dr. Qadir is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Western Missouri Mental Health Center
Dr. Aftab Qadir accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsTri County Psychiatric Associates, 101 E Miller St, Orlando, FL
Dr. Aftab Qadir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.