Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Aftab A Shaikh
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shaikh is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton and Baptist Memorial Hospital Union City. He speaks English.
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 7
Dr. Sheikh has been my family PCP for over 30 years. When I developed CHF he was there to guiding me and offering treatment to lengthen my life. He's a doctor that is STRAIGHT SHOOTER. He tells you like it is without sugar-coating it. He has ALWAYS place the care of his patients before anything. He's been my oldest brother's physician, my mom & mine before I relocated to the south back in 2007. As a cardiologist he's at the top of his class...
Dr. Shaikh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Liaquat National Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSAINT FRANCIS CARDIOLOGY, 6005 Park Ave Ste 500B, Memphis, TN
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.