Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aftab A Shaikh
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Shaikh is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton and Baptist Memorial Hospital Union City. He speaks English.
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Shaikh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Liaquat National Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSaint Francis Cardiology, 6005 Park Ave Ste 500B, Memphis, TN
Dr. Aftab A Shaikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.