Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ahmad Akar
Dr. Ahmad Akar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Owings Mills, MD. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Akar is affiliated with Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore, Northwest Hospital Center and Carroll Hospital Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ahmad Akar has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Akar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
Northwest Hospital Center
Carroll Hospital Center
Sinai Hospital Baltimore
34 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1979
St Agnes Hospital Baltimore
Dr. Ahmad Akar accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAhmad Ali Akar MD, 70 Beecham Ct, Owings Mills, MD
Dr. Ahmad Akar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Owings Mills, MD.