Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ahmad H Altabbaa
Dr. Ahmad H Altabbaa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Altabbaa is affiliated with Highlands Medical Center. Dr. Altabbaa has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ahmad H Altabbaa has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Ahmad H Altabbaa has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ahmad H Altabbaa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 11
Contrary to what the previous review states, Dr. Altabbaa and his staff are wonderful. I never enjoyed going to see doctors but that changed after I met him. Don't listen to some bitter person who had some difficulty with the phones. These people are people and do have lives and other patients they need to tend do.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Altabbaa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1988
Wright State University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMETHODIST HEALTHCARE NORTH HOSPITAL, 3960 New Covington Pike, Memphis, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ahmad H Altabbaa, MD - Internal Medicine in Memphis, TN, in this video.
Dr. Ahmad H Altabbaa is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Memphis, TN.