Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ahmad Ascha
Dr. Ahmad Ascha, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mentor, OH. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ascha is affiliated with Tripoint Medical Center and University Hospital Bedford Medical Center. Dr. Ascha has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ahmad Ascha has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 21
Classic know-it-all. You will do it his way. A classic assembly line operation. It's all about making money. He charges for pre-meeting (not with him) which could be done by memo or phone. Then its all assembly line on the day of your colonoscopy. Then there's another meeting. If you are sedated you wouldn't ever even have 3 minutes conversation with this guy. Finally, I had my second colonoscopy two years ago. Suddenly, he's changed accounting systems and I'm getting $400 bills for work 2-4 years ago. There are better options. Take them.
When I initially set up my consult, the receptionist gave me 3 time slot choices. I chose one (4pm). One minute after hanging up, she called me back to ask which slot I had picked! One week later, I was sent pre-consult papers to fill out, with THE WRONG TIME SLOT on it. When I called to tell them they put me in for the wrong time, they basically said, "well, too bad, you have to come at that time, or else re-schedule"! I came at the time they stated, then waited 25 minutes (almost until my original time) before the doctor saw me. Dr. Ascha is somewhat brusque, with a 'my way or the highway' attitude. After all, he's done 20,000 colonoscopies, and makes sure you know it. There is no option on the Prep ... you MUST follow their gastly prep, which includes trying to drink over a gallon of solution (GoLyteley)in a 3 hour period (this stuff is horrid, and activates most people's gag reflex). Additionally, I told the doctor I did not wish to remember this 'barbaric humiliation' (colonoscopy), and he said he could give me (through I.V.) a sedative to do that. When I had the procedure, they didn't give me enough to do anything. I was fully wide awake for the entire affair. There are plenty of gastroenterologists out there; I recommend you find one other than Dr. Ascha.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ascha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1978
St Lukes Boise Medical Center
Dr. Ahmad Ascha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Coast Endoscopy Inc, 9500 Mentor Ave Ste 380, Mentor, OH
Dr. Ahmad Ascha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mentor, OH.