Dr. Ahmad Dabiri Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Over bills patients

Posted on June 13th, 2016

Dr. Dabiri decided to code my urgent care visit as an office visit so he could make more money off me and my insurance. It has been over a year and he will not correct the issue. Beware before going to him and review your bill so you don't over pay!

WARNING...Dr. Dabiri should not be practicing!

Posted on November 11th, 2011

My son was seen by Dr. Dabiri for spinal meningitis. Dr. Dabiri performed a lumbar puncture, but hit my son's nerve roots in the process. My son began screaming 10 min after the spinal tap that his legs were "burning, stinging, like bombs going off...Mommy...make it STOP!!!". His fever shot up to 105. Dr. Dabiri came in and made him walk, while screaming, to make sure he hadn't hit his spinal cord. He said, "If I hit a nerve, his pain would be on one side only and his pain is systemic". Well, as another doctor confirmed 3 days after he was released from CHOC (he spent 3 days on the Nuero floor on morphine until the swelling went down), the spinal nerve roots are very close together and it is very possible to hit more than one...if you go to deeply or to quickly with the needle.The worst part of what Dr. Dabiri did though is not tell us what happened. He just kept saying, "I don't know" and never checked on us during our 3 days in CHOC. He didn't answer my phone msgs I placed to the ER from my son's room either.The whole experience was unbelievably traumatic, made so much more so by the lack of information given us by the doctors. The MRI did confirm the nerve root clumping, but no one would own up to the fact that it was from the spinal tap. I was left wondering if my son would ever walk again. He spent 3 days laying flat on his back unable to move (peeing into a paper cup not even able to roll to the side). It was horrendous. He was in so much pain...icepacks on his legs when there was nothing wrong w/ his legs, it was his nerves at L2 and L3 where the needle went in that were damaged.Stay away from Dr. Dabiri! I did report this to the head of the ER in a 12 page letter and I don't know if he's still working at St. Joseph's in Orange, CA, but please, just know our experience with him was one I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Posted on June 26th, 2016