- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ahmed A Abdel-Maksoud
Dr. Ahmed A Abdel-Maksoud, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Muncie, IN, with other offices in Bismarck, ND and Escanaba, MI (and 1 other location). He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Ahmed A Abdel-Maksoud has 4 locations
2401 W University Ave
Muncie, IN 47303
401 N 9th St
Bismarck, ND 58501
509 Osborn Blvd Ste 220
Sault Sainte Marie, MI 49783
Book Online Now
Dr. Ahmed A Abdel-Maksoud has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ahmed A Abdel-Maksoud has the following 13 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Smoking Cessation
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Alexandria
Graduated in 1995
New York Methodist Hospital
Dr. Ahmed A Abdel-Maksoud Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Ahmed A Abdel-Maksoud
Knowledge is empowering, even more so in health care where knowledge is a right of every patient. I feel it is of paramount importance to provide effective education to my patients.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ahmed A Abdel-Maksoud is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Muncie, IN.