Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ahmed M Abdel Megid
Dr. Ahmed M Abdel Megid, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Somerville, NJ. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Abdel Megid is affiliated with St Peters University Hospital and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. Dr. Abdel Megid has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ahmed M Abdel Megid has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ahmed M Abdel Megid has the following 11 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Weight Loss
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Ahmed M Abdel Megid has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 37
Dr Megid has no idea how to mix a biologic medication. DO NOT SHAKE. And yet he shook it, deactivated the protein and I was in sever pain. So he said "you must have bone cancer". I had an allergic reaction to another med and he said "go to a dermatologist". This is scary. My current doctor said "Never wait or go to a derm CALL me day or night. Allergic reactions are very serious". He was stunned at the lack of care I received from Megid. Is he even a Board Certified Rheumatologist??
Amazing! I have been to several doctors about my hands, and Dr Megid so simply put together all the symptoms that I never considered might be related and gave a diagnosis. I have been reading further about the diagnosis, and it all seems to fit so perfectly! He was kind, and he spent a long time conversing with and evaluating me. I am excited to feel better!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Abdel Megid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Ahmed M Abdel Megid accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentral Jersey Eye Associates, 56 Union Ave, Somerville, NJ
Dr. Ahmed M Abdel Megid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerville, NJ.