Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ahmed K El-Ghoneimy
Dr. Ahmed K El-Ghoneimy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenbrae, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. El-Ghoneimy is affiliated with Marin General Hospital. Dr. El-Ghoneimy has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ahmed K El-Ghoneimy has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
Showing 5 of 26
I found Dr. El-Ghoneimy to be a very competent, caring physician. I feel that he listens to my comments and I like that he answers my questions directly. He is a thoughtful about his diagnoses and recommendations, and I find his manner to be completely professional. He is responsive when I called in for additional information, and I like that he follows-up. Very good physician and I recommend highly! Thanks.
Dr. El Ghoneimy oversaw my fathers care while he was in 5th Ave. rehab. One thing that stands out about him is he listens to you. He worked with us on the care of my father. I was comfortable with him, so much so, that I have recommended him to a couple that I am close to and they are now his patients. They love him and that is big. Not easy to please when it comes to Doctors. It is impressive. I was, also, impressed with how quickly they get you in to see him at his office as I am the person who takes my friends to the doctor. I am sorry to see a negative review. Perhaps he was having a bad day. It happens to all of us. I would recommend him.
I must say I saw the doctor about 5 years ago when I had strep. He seemed distracted and barely glance above his I Pad. He must have gotten it for Christmas. I just called his office to see if there were any special instructions for my physical and was met with an abrasive individual. I cancelled my appointment.
Dr. El-Ghoneimy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Ain Shams University
Graduated in 1992
University Of Hawaii
Dr. Ahmed K El-Ghoneimy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMarin Medical Group, 1341 S Eliseo Dr Ste 200, Greenbrae, CA
Dr. Ahmed K El-Ghoneimy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenbrae, CA.