Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shahem S Kawji has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shahem S Kawji has the following 28 expertise
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Eye Exam
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Ocular Hypotension
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Ocular Toxoplasmosis
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome
- Color Vision Defects
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Epiretinal Membrane
- Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous
- Eye Abnormalities
- Vitreous Hemorrhage
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Macular Edema
- Vitreous Detachment (Retina Detachment)
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Ocular Hypertension
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
Dr. Shahem S Kawji has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
We were recommended by our P.A. at the Newport Beach Hoag E.R. to see Dr. Kawji because our son had abrasions in both eyes the day before Easter. We were so fortunate that Dr. Kawji saw us on Easter Sunday, and he was able to comfort us about my son's condition, which healed in days with the prescribed drops and ointment. We are just grateful that Dr. Kawji was considerate to sacrifice some of his time for us that day, and we will certainly recommend him to all of our friends and family.
Dr. Kawji is very professional and very caring about his patients! He always takes time to answer all and any of my questions, without rushing. He explains the test results, making sure I understand what they mean, and what needs to be done during my visit. I always feel he has my best interest at heart! He also has a great sense of humor!
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
University Of Aleppo
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNewport Retina And Macular Degeneration Center, 20072 SW Birch St Ste 260, Newport Beach, CA
Dr. Shahem S Kawji is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.