Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ahmed Shaikh
Dr. Ahmed Shaikh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX, with other offices in Houston, TX and Leawood, KS (and 2 other locations). He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Shaikh is affiliated with West Houston Medical Center. Dr. Shaikh has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ahmed Shaikh has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Ahmed Shaikh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr Sheikh looked me in the eye and said You're going to be fine." That was just what I needed to feel better at that time. You see I had been having sinusitis off and on again for a long time. My doctor put me on antibotics and it would get better. Then it would get worse again and start all over again. Dr Shekh looked up my nose and foind a piece of plastic that went up there from work. He pulled it out and said that's what's causing my infection. Then he threw it away and I felt better. I never had none of that infection again. Now I'm all better 100%.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Shaikh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
West Houston Medical Center
10 Years Experience
University of Kansas
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ahmed Shaikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.