Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ahmed A Taher has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
This doctor is one of the best. I actually changed my insurance so I would be covered to see him though I did self pay 3 visits until that happened because of his excellent knowledge and funny personality. He talks to me as if I am a friend and not a bill to mail off later.I truly believe he has saved my life, literally many times now..I have many health issues and he has been the first Healthcare Professional to actually take the time to get to know me as a person and ask and get to know my family as well. He listens to my current condition helps me to come up with alternative ideas on how to treat my current conditions, EVEN herbal alternatives (since I don't like to take more meds than I have to) and NEVER pushes meds upon me and if I do agree to a new try a new treatment if things aren't going as well as he/we had hoped he Always makes sure to Fully inform me off all benefits & Risks! He always remembers me and our last conversations, how my son and husband are doing..etc and as working in the medical field I know that a majority of what he remembers and asks about is NOT transcribed and looked over before hand.I would give this doctor a A++ although his Med Assistant is lacking much. But you cant have everything :)
26 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1992
Glendale Adventist Medical Center
Dr. Ahmed A Taher accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net Salud EPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Ventura Medical Clinic, 133 W Santa Clara St, Ventura, CA
Dr. Ahmed A Taher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ventura, CA.