Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ahmed Zakari has the following 3 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ahmed Zakari has the following 14 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Dr. Ahmed Zakari is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Oh my goodness, check out the higher ratings...no one leaves any comments....are you kidding me???? This guy should not be practicing medicine and evidently even he is aware of this..check out the reviews and how they are clustered....the clustering occurred almost immediately after a few of us had the displeasure of dealing with him while patients at Florida Hospital....at that time his rating was just under a 3.
Hace pocos dias tuvimos junto a mi esposa la peor de las experiencias con este " vamos a llamarlo doctor" .su falta de etica profesional, se falta de atenciÃ³n a un paciente terminal de 87 aÃ±os y su codicia por el dinero que cobraria por la "atencion" me recordaron a gente de negocio, mas que a profesional que por juramento , deberia ocuparse por salvar vidas y no enriquecerse a costa de la desesperaciÃ³n de la gente. Por todo eso no sr lo recomiendo a nadie
Do not go to this guy. He cares nothing about you or your concerns. Just wants the money for chemo and office visits. Refuses to see you when you ask to speak to him. Nearly caused my wife to have serious problems with her blood. She has pancreatic cancer. Will tell anyone with any common sense to stay away from this guy. The care you get is terrible.
This guy is by far the worst oncologist I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Why the rest of the group doesn't give him the pink slip I haven't a clue. He claims to be an expert in his field, what particular field this might be beats me. I am a regular patient and require little from him, no heavy duty meds, basically nothing. The one thing I needed he denied..the nursing staff at Florida Hospital were shocked by his attitude. The rest of the doctors are highly trained professionals...just refuse to see him.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Zakari is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Ahmed Zakari accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & DirectionsCancer Institute Of Florida Pa, 894 E Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ahmed Zakari in this video.
Dr. Ahmed Zakari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Altamonte Springs, FL.