Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ahmet Gurakar
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Dr. Gurakar is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center and The Johns Hopkins Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar has the following 12 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Gurakar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Integris Baptist Med Center of OK
30 Years Experience
Istanbul Universitesi, Cerrahpasa
Graduated in 1983
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions720 Rutland Ave, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.