Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aiman Shammas
Dr. Aiman Shammas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with other offices in Towson, MD and Baltimore, MD (and 5 other locations). He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Shammas is affiliated with Franklin Square Hospital, Maryland Genl Hosp and St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Shammas has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Aiman Shammas has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Aiman Shammas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shammas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Franklin Square Hospital
Maryland Genl Hosp
St Joseph Medical Center
18 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aiman Shammas in this video.
Dr. Aiman Shammas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.