Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aimee L Wright
Dr. Aimee L Wright, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Wright is affiliated with Methodist Richardson Medical Center and Glen Rose Medical Center. Dr. Wright has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Aimee L Wright has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 100
I have been a patient at this office for over 8 years. Been seen by both Dr Wright and her PA, Terri White. Both are extremely professional, attentive and have a great bed side manner. The wait time has increased but that happens when you get more people. I usually don't have to wait more than 15-20 minutes which is under the 40 minute average I have seen at other places. Definitely worth your time!!
I saw Dr Wright for several years and found her caring and compassionate. I thought that made up for the long waits and the disorganization at the front desk. however, looking back, I think she was quick to prescribe or over-prescribe and to schedule unnecessary follow-ups. Front desk complete chaos. Long wait for test results.
Do NOT go to this doctor. I called for over a month to receive test results that never came. Finally, on the final call (after waiting 20 minutes), I was told by the rude office staff that I had an abnormal test result! No one was going to call me to even let me know. I left messages for both the doctor and the nurse and never received a call back. I have recently placed a complaint with the Texas Medical Board.
Dr. Wright is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Aimee L Wright accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAimee L Wright Do Pa, 428 Maplelawn Dr Ste 200, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aimee L Wright in this video.
Dr. Aimee L Wright is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.