Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aisha Shaikh has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Renal Disease
Showing 5 of 7
Had seen Dr. Francisco over the years until her retirement. Dr. Sheikh then started coming to Parsons and I really like her. My first appointment seemed like kind of a get to know you appointment to see if we were a fit. I liked her and went back 4 months later and she remembered everything about me or so it seemed. Very pleased with her concern and the care she provides.
19 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Aisha Shaikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames J Peters Va Medical Center, 130 W Kingsbridge Rd, Bronx, NY
Dr. Aisha Shaikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.