Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aixa Curbelo-Irizarry has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I wanted to take time to let others know of a caring and professional medical staff. I have been being treated at Premier Infectious Disease Care for quite some time and I find they are always by every measure more caring as a staff than any other medical facility I have ever visited. I was recommended to see Dr. Curbelo by a friend and that assessment of her attention to patients was correct! I chose to continue being treated by this office because of Dr. Curbelo's honest and caring nature. Its not often I make recommendations but in this case it is well suited, Dr. Curbelo's hs even surrounded herself with an equally exceptional medical staff. I appreciate how they have treated me during my recover but even more special, I know this is how they conduct business in general. I will definitely recommend this office to others in need of care. Thank you.
I was hospitalized with a serious case of double pneumonia combined with influenza type B. During my entire 26 days in isolation at Winter Park Memorial Hospital, Dr, Curbalo was amazing! She gave me peace of mind when the severity of my illnesses told me that I really shouldn't have any. Her bedside manner was always professional. She took whatever amount of time was needed to answer every question and address every concern that I had. She was very comforting when I was having a hard day and she had the kind of wisdom that a case as serious as mine required. As for the photo on this website? Obviously it's not one of Dr. Curbalo! As for the person who wrote the first review? All I can say is: I have no idea WHO your doctor was or WHERE you were treated because the hospital was immaculate, Dr. Curbalo's office IS immaculate and her level of experience, professionalism and expertise is inspiring! I prayed for her during my stay and to this day, am thankful that she was assigned to my case! Needless to say, I would highly recommend her!
Ive seen Dr.Curbelo for over a year, and she is the sweetest and most caring doctor Ive ever had. Cares very much for her patients and follows up with them if there is something very important that shows up in test results. She has Excellent bedside manner and also explains everything in full as to what's going on and what causes issues. She treats you as a human being and friend more so then just a patient who is sick
Dr. Curbelo-Irizarry is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Aixa Curbelo-Irizarry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Infectious Diseases Group, 1012 Lucerne Ter, Orlando, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aixa Curbelo-Irizarry in this video.
Dr. Aixa Curbelo-Irizarry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.