Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ajay K Gaalla has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. G is SO kind and warm and friendly. He always has a smile and you get the feeling he actually cares for your well being whereas with many doctors they seem to be going through the motions and are in and out fast, leaving you to deal with their staff. He spends a lot of time answering questions and explaining things to me during my appointments and when I've been in the hospital (DeTar - the best nurses!) he has come by to see me often and even late in the evening.
The staff was very unprofessional. The doc wonderful. I asked questions to staff requiring a procedure and was treated rude. Through more I ask the ruder.I will not go back. I have made a appointment with another cardiologist. Echo done I will pick up results to take to my new Doc. I refuse to return even for results. I had more chest pain after the appointment than before. No follow will happen
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1992
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Ajay K Gaalla accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVictoria Heart And Vascular Center Pa, 2104 Patterson Dr, Victoria, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ajay K Gaalla in this video.
Dr. Ajay K Gaalla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Victoria, TX.