Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ajay Pathak
Dr. Ajay Pathak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Carrollton, TX. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Pathak is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano, BaylorScott & White Medical Center - Carrollton and TX Health Plano. He speaks English.
Dr. Ajay Pathak has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 28
Went to this Doctor 4 times,saw the doctor once. Last two visits,the so called nurse did not know how to measure weight(or at least record what the scale said). Same nurse took blood pressure,had to ask me which arm was left,which was right. Saw a PA who besides reading measurements and writing prescriptions had nothing to offer. Last visit almost an hour from appointment time until actually saw her. This after scheduled my appointment early to avoid wait. Paid cash at each visit, continue to receive billing for visits already paid for. Impossible to actually talk to anyone in so-called billing department.
There are many issues with Dr Pathak. 1. He sends routine blood work (cholesterol) etc. to an unknown lab called "My Lab" that does not participate in any major PPO network such as Blue Cross. You are left to pay huge bills. 2. He recommends everyone over 40 years to do Testosterone level test and asks everyone to get shots every 2 weeks. Major posters in his office. That looks scam. 3. He would ask to come for follow ups more than necessary. 4. Big wait times. 5. Second-hand smoke from cigar bar next door. Instead of spending so much time advertising on radio, if Dr. Pathak took care of the patients, rather than doing unnecessary things, he would get a lot more business.
My 1st appointment with Dr Pathak , he told me that I did not have a medical disorder, one that I've had for years. He did not know my medical background. Some of the Rx's that I've been taking for several years, he said I didn't need them. YES, I do. I've been having a lot of problems, due to him not giving me the Rx's. He is very nice otherwise and his office staff is very polite.
Dr. Pathak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
BaylorScott & White Medical Center - Carrollton
TX Health Plano
Texas Health Resources
Northwest Texas Hospital Baptist St Anthonys Hosp
Texas Health Physicians Group
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
RHD Memorial Medical Center
Harris Continued Care Hospital
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
32 Years Experience
M P Shah Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Ajay Pathak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsAjay Pathak MD, 2501 E Hebron Pkwy, Carrollton, TX
Dr. Ajay Pathak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carrollton, TX.