Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ajay Sood has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ajay Sood has the following 9 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
Dr. Ajay Sood has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
This "DR" is as lazy as it gets. I sent my young college student to him. He gave him medicine, he said come back in two weeks and then referred him to someone next city over. He is had no interest in speaking to my son to talk about his stress and anxiety with school. Do not bother..he spends more time making sure he is paid then actually dealing with the patient.
What would you diagnose Kris Klinzing's son with?? You know him and you know what he does. And you know he doesn't know me "doctor." He just PRETENDS to know me after breaking into five of my homes, relocating 547 miles to live closer to me, poison me with lead, potassium and iron AND CONTINUES TO DO SO WHILE I'M PREGNANT. THIS IS YOUR WORK, SOOD AND I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS IT WHEREVER YOU OR KRIS KLINZING GO. EVERYWHERE. It's VERY CLEAR HE HAS THE MENTAL ILLNESS. ONLY ONE KIND OF PERSON HARMS A PREGNANT WOMAN. This is YOUR DOING.
Called twice and have not received a return phone call. The receptionist stated both days that he was in the office. Doctor seems to only want to manage medication and not get to the problem of what is causing my child to react the way he does to the prescribed medication or how to teach him to deal with his anxiety.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Ajay Sood accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsAjay Sood Md, 255 King St, Charleston, SC
Dr. Ajay Sood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.