- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ajay N Viswambharan MD
Dr. Ajay N Viswambharan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Galloway, NJ, with other offices in Galloway, NJ and Egg Harbor Township, NJ (and 1 other location). He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Ajay N Viswambharan has 4 locations
44 E Jimmie Leeds Rd Ste 101
Galloway, NJ 08205
72 W Jimmie Leeds Rd Ste 1100
Galloway, NJ 08205
3100 Hingston Ave Ste 102
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Dr. Ajay N Viswambharan has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Ajay N Viswambharan has the following 5 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
28 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1991
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Ajay N Viswambharan Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ajay N Viswambharan, MD - Diagnostic Radiology in Galloway, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Ajay N Viswambharan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Galloway, NJ.