Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ajaykumar S Patel has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ajaykumar S Patel has the following 7 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ajaykumar S Patel has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ajaykumar S Patel is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
He has very, very poor bad side manners. He is my doctor and not by my choice but as a Vet the VA picks our doctors, not the Vet, so as his patient this is what my opinion is of his practice. He shows little interest in his patients on a personal level he seems to view you more like an object then a real person. He wants to get you out his door the moment he is done looking into his PC screen in his office, which he gives you very little eye contact, if at all. He either forgets or does not care enough to follow up on medical care needed for his patients, which may be needed by other departments in the health care system. Whichever reason he seems to have little interest on following up on patients care and with him an Internist/MD and only practicing as an MD 3 years now I'd hate to be his patient when he is an MD 5, 6, 10 years or more he may only talk to his patients through a screen door in his future MD world$$$$$$$$$$. I believe you could do much better finding another doctor for your medical care and not only because his lack of experience but he seems he cares little on a personal level with his patients, I guess it's just about the money as an MD$!$!$!$ Also the other Veterans I talk to in his waiting room "at least 75%" of them feel the same way as I have learned from doctor ajay patel!
Dr. Ajaykumar S Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrooksby Village Medical Center, 100 Brooksby Village Dr, Peabody, MA
Dr. Ajaykumar S Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peabody, MA.