Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ajeet Gajra
Dr. Ajeet Gajra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Syracuse, NY, with another office in Syracuse, NY. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gajra is affiliated with Arnot Health St Josephs Hospital, St Josephs Hospital Health Center and Crouse Hospital Inc. Dr. Gajra has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ajeet Gajra has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Hepatitis C
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Thyroid Cancer
- Clinical Research
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 5 of 11
You will not find a more awesome, caring, smart oncologist anywhere. He is an exceptional doctor and human being. I imagine he could go anywhere, and write his own ticket. I am sure one of the major Cancer Centers would welcome him, but his "home life" is in Syracuse. CNY is so fortunate to have him here. So Fortunate. If you have to wait to see him, it is because he is taking his time with patients and families, and giving each one his best.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gajra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Maulana Azad Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Suny Upstate Medical University
Dr. Ajeet Gajra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ajeet Gajra in this video.
Dr. Ajeet Gajra is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.