Dr. Ajey S Alurkar Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Ajey S Alurkar?

Verbally abusive, cursing, physically aggressive

Worst experience I've ever had. He came in to an initial (emergency) exam verbally abusive, cursing, physically aggressive and threatening, as if he resented being called in on a Saturday when I'd suddenly lost vision the night before. At the end of the visit, with his back turned to me, he reached backward and shoved his fingers in both eyes to pin down my eyelids, for dramatic effect (physical intimidation) while telling my sister "this is what it will be like when he loses both eyes." He was incredibly demeaning and aggressively rude to both me and my sister. We found a different retinal specialist who saw me first thing Monday, and will never be back to Dr. Alurkar.

Excellent Retina Specialist

Very knowledgeable, explains well, very personable. Has patient's sight as main goal. You may have to wait because he does what is needed at the time so patients do back up. I highly recommend him.

Excellent attention to detail.

Dr. Alukar is a gifted surgeon. He repaired my chronic retinal detachment and that eye has better vision than the eye without the detachment! You may wait to see Dr. Alukar, but I, personally, will always wait for a good doctor.

This was my first visit under This doctor he is very knowledgeable in his craft I feel very secure .

Dr Lamar is professional all honest a d car I g I trust him anastomosis direction s my detachment Haverford cult to repairing enthealedwell but his follow ups ha esavedtheretina and I am glad he has not given up onme

We were able to get an appointment quickly for an evaluation of my husband's eye condition. He was seen at the Peachtree Dunwoody office, and all the staff that worked with him on the testing were very professional and compassionate. Dr. Alurkar explained everything well to us, answered all of our questions, and went out of his way to ensure that we were comfortable with the plan for treating my husband's condition.

My first appointment I was not seen until 70 minutes after my appointment time. My second appointment I was not seen until 90 minutes after my appointment time. The medical office I went to had old run down looking eye equipment.

Review

Misdiagnosis

Paid $600 to be rudely informed that right eye vision would never improve from 20/200 due to a virus scarring. No treatment was advised. 45 days later vision was 20/30 in right eye. Alurkar accused me of "cheating" on the eye chart. Total malpractice.